SOMEONE INVEST IN ME PLEASE
I’ve got nothing to lose so I’ll just ask you, the internet: I want to start a new comedy club in Los Angeles. Something with the taste of Largo, the affordability of UCB and the staying power of the Improv. The climate is right: comedians and audiences a like are looking for the new hub of comedy and I think I can bring that to LA.
If you are a venture capitalist/probono business manager/probono real estate mogul and are interested in investing in the comedy club that is going to take this Alt Comedy explosion to the next level please contact me. I have a location in mind, a great plan, and I know I can pull this off, but I can barely pay rent and I don’t have any powerful or rich family members to help me get the things I want. All I have is a vision, a location in mind, a business plan that needs a professional rewrite and an understanding of the comedy scene both from the audience and performer perspective that will ensure this club becomes the next big comedy hot spot.
Admittedly, I need a lot of help: I will need business managers, real estate people, and big venture capitalists to pull off the location I have in mind, as well as bar staff, managers, and all that good stuff that goes into operating a business. My goal is to get the word out to comedy aficionados or now rich comedians that would be willing to help me get the money and help that I need without compromising the integrity that I want this club to have, so I’m trying to go out to the comedy community to make this happen. I want this to be our club, a club for performers, a club for fans, and just really a club for people who want to enjoy comedy. Plus, as we enter this weird comedy boom time with podcasts getting TV shows and whatnot, this is the perfect time to make this happen!
So if you’re cool, get comedy, or just want to make money but will trust me to run the place the way I think will be best for growing a supportive comedy community of returning happy patrons then won’t you please contact me and reblog this message?
UPDATE: So I think I’m going to go ahead with Indie GoGo for fundraising so for now I’ve suspended the PayPal donation option. I will keep you updated as to when the IndieGoGo goes active.
GOAL #1: GET THE WORD OUT. I’m working on getting an IndieGoGo set up but until then I still need a lot of help. I’ve never written a business proposal, I don’t know how to talk to real estate people about leases for giant locations, and I need to get in contact with people who have the smarts and professional ability to help me. So please Reblog, Retweet, Reddit, Share it, email it to your family and friends, and otherwise help me get this message out there. If you know any business advisers who are familiar with deal with comedy club start up costs or can help me with drafting business proposals or realtors that could help me figure out the true cost of the lease or find a comedy nerd/comedian with lots of money who wants to invest LET THEM KNOW ABOUT THIS. I have the vision but this club will be a group effort, born out of the comedy community that wants this to be a reality, so every little bit helps! You’re reblog might get this to the desk of a powerful venture capitalist/comedy fan who can help make this dream a reality!
LET’S DO THIS INTERNET!
- djkrohnbcd likes this
- bethanymeyer answered: I love this! I love indie comedy in Los Angeles and would love to help.
- khealywu answered: Why is there a picture of the NYC UCB? /asshole
- shortmikeshort reblogged this from ashleyalexiss and added:
- ashleyalexiss reblogged this from nakedcomedy and added:
- thomastowell reblogged this from nakedcomedy
- thomastowell likes this
- macaromee reblogged this from inothernews
- cvxn answered: Talk to my girls at Hello Giggles. They might be interested in helping you out! Good luck! Hez/cvxn
- garbagewhore reblogged this from nakedcomedy
- jakeweismanyay likes this
- loyalidiot likes this
- sfcbf likes this
- empgonzo likes this
- elishayaffe reblogged this from nakedcomedy and added:
- elishayaffe likes this
- pjk302 reblogged this from nakedcomedy
- pjk302 likes this
- up-schist-creek answered: If this actually works, PayPal is going to shut it down and freeze the account. I’ve seen it happen.
- baconcoffeedeath reblogged this from tumblangeles
- dashnye likes this
- shooby reblogged this from tumblangeles
- julygdiaz likes this
- matthewstoll likes this
- theresamarg likes this
- wishinoo reblogged this from inothernews
- wishinoo likes this
- charlesrengel likes this
- charlesrengel answered: I’m no big-shot, but I am willing to do my part to contribute and invest. For now, I’ve reblogged your post.
- brittanymason reblogged this from inothernews
- nakedcomedy reblogged this from townehallmeetin and added:
- townehallmeetin reblogged this from nakedcomedy
- pokemonprofessorbecerra reblogged this from inothernews
- pokemonprofessorbecerra likes this
- jokescientist reblogged this from brandieposey
- ivanhernandez likes this
- brandieposey reblogged this from nakedcomedy and added:
- flaxenplaguedoctor reblogged this from inothernews
- softgabber answered: why isn’t this guy using kickstarter or indie gogo..?
- joshandrosky reblogged this from nakedcomedy
- comma-butt likes this
- kimberlyshopno likes this
- kimberlyshopno reblogged this from inothernews and added:
- wordsbycodi answered: Good luck finding a space! UCB’s been trying to get another space for years!
- mamaatheist likes this
- lukepygman likes this
- meganmcisaac likes this
- thebestkickassasian reblogged this from inothernews
- nakedcomedy likes this
- gavvky likes this